- Life in Rewind: The story of a young courageous man who persevered over OCD and the Harvard doctor who broke all the rules to help him by Terry Weible Murphy, Edward E. Zine, and Michael A. Jenike, Ph.D.
- The OCD Workbook by Bruce Hyman, Ph.D. and Cherry Pedrick, RN
- Getting Control: Overcoming your obsessions and compulsions by Lee Baer, Ph.D.
- The Imp of the Mind: Exploring the silent epidemic of obsessive bad thoughts by Lee Baer, Ph.D.
- This book is recommended for people who suffer from “harming obsessions”. The book is accessible to both clinicians and patients and uses vignettes from actual patients to explore the many forms that OCD can take with respect to intrusive thoughts, images and fears.
- Stop Obsessing! How to Overcome Your Obsessions and Compulsions by Edna B. Foa, Ph.D., Reid Wilson, Ph.D.
- Freedom From Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder A Personalized Recovery Program for Living with Uncertainty by Jonathan Grayson, Ph.D.
- Cognitive Therapy for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: A Guide for Professionals by Sabine Wilhelm, Ph.D., Gail Steketee, Ph.D.
- Tormenting Thoughts and Secret Rituals The Hidden Epidemic of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder by Ian Osborn, M.D.
- The Boy Who Couldn’t Stop Washing The experience and treatment of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder by Judith L. Rapoport, M.D.
- This book was one of the first to publicly explore OCD and has raised awareness for countless families and sufferers of OCD. Although written in 1989, the descriptions in this book still will ring true to the experience of many whose lives have been touched by OCD.
- The Thought that Counts: A Firsthand Account of One Teenager’s Experience with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder by Jared Kant, Martin Franklin Ph.D., and Linda Wasmer Andrews
- Getting Over OCD: A 10-Step Workbook for Taking Back Your Life by Jonathan Abramowitz, Ph.D.
Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
- A Cognitive Behavioral Treatment Manual for Body Dysmorphic Disorder by Sabine Wilhelm, Ph.D., Katherine A. Phillips, M.D., and Gail Steketee, Ph.D.
- The Broken Mirror: Understanding and treating Body Dysmorphic Disorder by Katherine Phillips, M.D.
- Understanding Body Dysmorphic Disorder An Essential Guide by Katherine Phillips, M.D.
- Feeling Good About the Way You Look A Program for Overcoming Body Dysmorphic Disorder by Sabine Wilhelm, Ph.D.
- Written by the Director of the Mass General Hospital/Harvard Medical School Center for OCD and Related Disorders, and Founder of the Body Dysmorphic Disorder Clinic, this book offers individuals suffering from Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD) with critical tools to understand BDD and to bring their disorder under control.
- The BDD Workbook: Overcome Body Dysmorphic Disorder and End Body Image Obsession by James Claiborn, Ph.D. and Cherry Pedrick, R.N.
Tourette Syndrome and Chronic Tic Disorder
- Managing Tourette Syndrome: A Behavioral Intervention Workbook by Douglas W. Woods, Ph.D, John Piacentini, Ph.D., Susanna Chang, Ph.D and Thilo Deckersbach, Ph.D.
- This book comes in multiple editions: Parent Workbook, Adult Workbook, Children and Adults Therapist Guide. Each edition is specifically tailored to its audience, and offers practical suggestions on how to manage Tourette Syndrome and Tic Disorders, including new and up-to-date behavioral interventions.
Body-Focused Repetitive Behaviors (BFRBs)
- Help for Hair Pullers: Understanding and Coping with Trichotillomania by Nancy J. Keuthen, Ph.D., Dan J. Stein, M.D., and Gary A. Christenson, M.D.
- Trichotillomania: Workbook: An ACT-Enhanced Behavior Therapy Approach, Workbook – Second Edition by Michael P. Twohig, Ph.D., and Douglas Woods, Ph.D.
- Overcoming Body-Focused Repetitive Behaviors: A Comprehensive Behavioral Treatment for Hair Pulling and Skin Picking by Charles S. Mansueto Ph.D., Sherrie Mansfield Vavrichek LCSW-C. Ruth Goldfinger Golomb LCPC